Public works is responsible for maintaining and repairing City-owned infrastructure.
Core functions include:
- roadwork planning and construction, identifying street construction or repairs, as well as co-ordinating the pavement management program;
- maintaining traffic lights, illuminated crosswalks and streetlights;
- maintenance, snow removal and ice control for streets and sidewalks;
- installation and maintenance of traffic signs;
- repairs and maintenance to water and sewer systems;
- management and control of water quality and water distribution network;
- maintenance of water pumping stations, water reservoirs, sanitary sewer pumping stations and municipal lagoon system;
- management of water meter program and annual flushing of water distribution system;
- responsible for street marking; and
- general municipal facilities maintenance.
The City's planning, engineering and public works functions work together provide Humboldt with services day-in and day-out that sustain our community's high quality of life.
I Want To...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
By providing your email address, you are expressing consent to receive electronic messages from the City of Humboldt. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time.