The City offers incentive/rebate programs to make Humboldt a competitive and attractive location for residents and newcomers.
- Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Policy - to improve the image and attractiveness of commercial properties within the downtown area
Residential Housing Development
- Infill Lot Tax Exemption Policy - to encourage residential development in specific areas of the city through a tax abatement on new housing
Residential Rebate Programs
- Composting Bin Rebate Program - to encourage residents to turn organic waste into a useable product
- Storm Water Rebate Program Application Form - to encourage property owners to do preventative plumbing to reduce the impacts of flooding and water/sewer back-ups; please refer to the following guidebook, illustrations and informational videos here
- Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) - to provide financial assistance to claimants for uninsurable essential property damage as a result of natural diasters such as tornados, floods and other severe weather events